Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little bit of history!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: A little bit of history!! Reply with quote

I was recently reminded that I promised to give the reason for so much down time between PMI"s post and pictures on the forum.

We had been threatened with a cease & desist.

Although we were quite carefully to use Capcom parts and to check with WMS (Williams and Gary Stern worked with us during this project)on any part that we thought may be suspect, there was still another player who chose to make life miserable. lurk

So we decide that our best option was to keep our heads down and our mouths shut and get the games done.

We would have loved to have been able to share each new accomplishment with all of you because we were so proud of Gene, Tog and crew but we couldn't afford to give to much away and take a chance on a last minute C&D. That would have put Georgianna in the mental institute for sure
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really bad when the cease and dissister was a forum member huh? Well, Former forum member...
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
nworker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

Thanks for the insight. I am amazed at how petty some can be and bless y'all for the tenacity to get it done. I am glad that we did not lose Gorginna's sanity in the process...

We have had such a great time with our BBB and I think of all the hard work and love that went into the machine every time it is played.

Perhaps now that it is done, you can write a book. Or make a movie. That's it make a movie! Can't wait to see it Wink

Hank
sellenoff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification Kim! It answers a lot of questions that I had, and I'm sure others as well.

I'm amazed what a jerk some people can be, but equally amazed at how incredible some people can be, as you, Gene, TOG and all the others who spent so much time to get this project done have proven to everyone. Way to go!
chrisburp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Cease and desist Reply with quote

I may be a little slow...is the Pinball Witch talking about a guy who may be down under?
If so, didn't he buy a machine? And wouldn't that have slowed down him getting his own machine?
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cease and desist Reply with quote

chrisburp wrote:
I may be a little slow...is the Pinball Witch talking about a guy who may be down under?
If so, didn't he buy a machine? And wouldn't that have slowed down him getting his own machine?

Ahh, the enemy within - How much better to keep an eye on stuff than to pay for a ticket? I mean ya gotta share with everyone, right?

Da blunda from down unda...
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Wayne's got his yet, they were somehow delayed and didn't ship when Greg and mine went.....

We got ours last week. What a great game!
Vegemite Nick #123
tcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe the cease and desist should be applied....to his machine(s).

A new benchmark has been set in the definition of what an ass@#!* looks like. That is truly sad and as low as it gets.

Thanks once more for making this happen in light of all the obstacles, nay-sayers and hurdles you folks have overcome.

It makes owning this machine all the sweeter!!!! Very Happy

Harold
BBB# 132
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not told about specific concerns on this until after the delivery, but I had a strong suspicion that the issue was something along these lines. I think many out there also suspected that the progress blackout and that the request for the shipping/pick-up to remain fairly private were as a result of legal wrangling in the hobby/industry. I was half expecting lawyers with court papers in hand to crash the pick-up day.

Because of the uncertain legal-scape, it seemed best that poeple did not know exactly how far along things were, lest they be able to plan any legal action/interference at the worst possible moment; or perhaps worse provide them with some information that somehow aided their case.

I actually was back at PMI on several additional weekends helping, but that was after things started getting dicey and I did not think posting would be prudent. I doubt the pics and activities are worth posting about at this point.
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was another presence lurking as well that could have caused problems. Keeping a tight lip was the right thing to do. It sucked for us, but it was the right thing to do.

-Al-
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the group may be interested in your pictures and stories, it adds to the history of their games and it allows them another perspective from an "innocent bystander/builder" of the games.

thanks for all your help

the witch
nworker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that would be cool. How about sending us the pictures and story to our personal emails?
metallik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al: who was the other presence? I knew about the wayne thing...
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't elaborate on it now - maybe in the future...
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nworker, Witch; when I get enough time to put some thought into it, which might be several weeks (due to the merchandise, work, family medical issues, and home remodeling) I will look at my pics and see what I remember, pick TOG's brain, etc and fire off a time-travel update post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: