Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATE: Some BBBs not delivered
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeflan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Some BBBs not delivered Reply with quote

Here's an update, and a depressing one. Just got off the phone with Illinois Pinball and found out that some BBBs have not been shipped. Found this out because I called ABF checking the status of the shipment, and found out that all the games for Houston had arrived, and mine wasn't one of them.

Sounded like Kim on the phone, and she told me that it started raining during the loading, and they didn't want to get the games wet. So at least one game (and probably quite a few more) is still awaiting a truck for pick up. She had no date for when the next truck would come.

I'm hoping that my BBB is one of these games awaiting pickup, or else it's lost in the system somewhere. She said she'd try to get some information for me within the next day or two.

I have no other info. I have no idea how many are awaiting shipment. I have no idea when they will be placed on a truck, so I have no idea when they might arrive.

Congrats to all who got their game. Looking forward to joining you.
Mike
sellenoff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: UPDATE: Some BBBs not delivered Reply with quote

mikeflan wrote:
Here's an update, and a depressing one. Just got off the phone with Illinois Pinball and found out that some BBBs have not been shipped. Found this out because I called ABF checking the status of the shipment, and found out that all the games for Houston had arrived, and mine wasn't one of them.

Sounded like Kim on the phone, and she told me that it started raining during the loading, and they didn't want to get the games wet. So at least one game (and probably quite a few more) is still awaiting a truck for pick up. She had no date for when the next truck would come.

I'm hoping that my BBB is one of these games awaiting pickup, or else it's lost in the system somewhere. She said she'd try to get some information for me within the next day or two.

I have no other info. I have no idea how many are awaiting shipment. I have no idea when they will be placed on a truck, so I have no idea when they might arrive.

Congrats to all who got their game. Looking forward to joining you.
Mike

Hang in there Mike - Sorry to hear the news, though I'm sure you'd prefer it over a water damaged game. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a new truck shows up soon and gets your game out to you quick. At least it will be worth the wait once you finally get it.
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Ohio and I haven't heard anything yet either.

I was going to give it until later this afternoon and start making calls.
Callan Hendricks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got mine either Mike... What's the word?
Callan Hendricks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with ABF. They told me mine was coming in tomorrow. Are you sure yours isn't coming in Mike?
raypanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Georgianna today and she told me that the rain prevented some of the games from being picked up. Mine is one of them. She stated that she does not know when the trucks will be back but it should be sometime next week. Sad
#002 Brass Prototype
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having received a call leads me to believe my game is among those that did not ship.

I'm just really disappointed that nothing was said by PMI about these games not shipping. Were we supposed to just sit here and wonder?
jackjet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine hasn't shipped either; kinda sucks because I delayed a business trip because I was expecting it to arrive this week. Hopefully it will ship soon. Confused
-Jack
Mr. 68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game is still being built. Gene told me today they are still waiting for some parts.

Mine will be last to ship. Maybe another month before I see my game.

And believe it or not, I don't mind. I'm just happy knowing it will be comming.
latecomer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that the four machines under Wayne's control (one was his, three for customers) didn't leave PMI until yesterday due to some unforeseen circumstance....

Luckily enough, the other 2 going Down Under have already arrived, and were ready for Greg-888 and me to collect today, but we've held off until tomorrow because it's almost sad for the wait to be over.

(Actually, neither of us could get away from work today, so this'll be a long 24 hours!)
Vegemite Nick #123
SilverballAmusement

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not received my game either. Spoke with 2 guys in the SF bay area that got theres, shipping co has nothing for me. Tried to call PMI but got no answer. Not a good way to do business, but we all heard that one before.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me sooner, but for what it's worth I think they left for the Midwest Gaming Classic on Thursday and won't be back until Monday.
nworker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a little stressed about the shipping when I did not hear from ABF by Wednesday.

I called Gorgianna and finally got her. She gave me the shipping number ans was very nice.

I called ABF on Thursday morning, gave them the shipping number, but my dyslexia got the best of me and I gave them the wrong number. They found the shipping information by looking up the Ship from city/state/zip, ship to city/state/zip, and the date of shipment. Once they got it, I discovered the problem with my shipping number. DOH! ABF was very helpful.

Next I called the local office of ABF with the shipping number and setup the will call pickup.

The number that I called ABF dispatch center on was 800 610 5544
raypanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any date yet for the rest of the games to ship?
#002 Brass Prototype
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finding this "waiting on a truck" thing a little suspicious at this point.

It's going to be 2 weeks since the other games shipped. If it is the case that ABF can't get back there in 2 weeks, it's time to find a freight company that wants to make money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: