Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

capcom flipper mechs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: capcom flipper mechs Reply with quote

Spent a lot of time messing around and aligning bbbs flipper mechs and since i've had a lot of experience with stern, williams, and capcom mechs i can say that there's definitely no mechanical advantage to capcom's flipper mechs....it's all in the way they're controlled.

The pawl is actually pretty inferior since the edges of the part that grip the plastic link love to dig into it. I had to sand down one of the pawls and use a new old style link. Also there seems to be a lot of drag for some unknown reason and even after rebuilding everything it's just not as snappy as it should be. The one piece remaining is the bushing itself but it's not worth ripping the whole thing apart again.

So when i get my airborne in it's going to be using the way cheaper williams parts. And if i get aggravated enough, so will BBB.

Still need to buy some drop targets though.

-c
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,
Do some recon for me...
Measure the overall free length of your flipper springs and count how many coils are on that spring.
We had some vendor issues and I am curious...

TOG
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that's interesting. i have 2 different lengths of return springs on my game.

the flipper that feels the best has the longest free length of 9/16ths with 36 windings.

the other 2 are 7/16ths with 27 windings.

can i get some of the 9/16th springs? I'll pay shipping and whatever you want for them if i can get them quickly. Wink

-c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: