Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New BBB stuff!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: New BBB stuff! Reply with quote

Hello to all, first of all. Those who know me or of me, howdy. Those who don't, let me know and I'll write an intro Smile
I'm sure at least a few of you have seen the list of things Martin Reynolds and I have made for BBB. These are for YOU guys and gals because neither me nor Martin even own a BBB! (I just couldn't afford it then and certainly cannot now!)

I'm not sure if Kerry or Robert have posted the pics of our pieces but if you go to Martins site at www.pinbits.com and click on the BBB thumb you can get a glimpse of what we've done.

Primarily we've made the 15 ring tube set, properly laser cut and fit to the ramp. The set includes a spacing template for ease of installation.
Then we came up with the same florescent rings for thetop of the tube dancer tube and a tiered set of two rings for the pop bumpers. Togteher the package looks phenomenal!

We're also making a protector for the Dartz saucer from my usual hyperthin shiny stainless. All of this should be avialable rather quickly but please, don't hold us to a date unless we give one Smile

Finally, but certainly not the last we'll do for BBB, is Martin's awesome plastics protectors. This is an all inclusive set and really looks great on the game. Martin is also looking at making a precut mylar set. The game really needs some mylars here and there, especialy the pop bumper area and the Dartz kickout so keep an eye out for this as well.

Thanks for reading and we are always open to suggestions! Please let us know what you think Smile

Cliffy
www.passionforpinball.com
Martin Reynolds
www.pinbits.com
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Cliffy. Man those pop bumper rings look really cool. I wanted to order a set right away, but the site said it was "sold out". Let us know when you have some is stock and you can start taking orders. Nice work - Thanks!

Bob S
BBB#93
tcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making these products. I went to the site for the kits and bought the plastic protectors, but everything else is already sold out. Any timeline on when the other things will be available again? Thanks!

Harold
BBB#132
Cliffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave the timelines up to Martin but thanks for all the enthusiasm so far! Smile

Cliffy
www.passionforpinball.com
martin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...

I am still loading up the web site, and we are only just starting runs. I like to take it a little slow at first just in case there are any wrinkles. The bottom line is that everything is very close.

Plastic guards are in good shape, but it may take a few days to pace production. They are on the site now.

The pop bumper kits are done and looking really good. I have a few on the site now, with more to come.

Foam is waiting to be cut, photographed, and loaded. Of all the things that you can add to your BBB, this is the big one. Foam behind the ramp targets will really cut down airballs. There's one hitch, I am struggling to get a nice cut on the foam. Until I solve that problem, we'll ship target pieces with anything that people buy - as I said, these have to be installed.

Then, the rings. We have the spacing figured. We have the geometry of the notch for the ramp so that it is barely noticeable, and allows a continuous flow of 15 rings down the tube. We have also upped the diameter a shade so that the whole thing looks in proportion.

The only holdup is fixing the rings to the tube. We know that silicone will work a treat, but are trying a couple of non-adhesive solutions. We'll probably try a few approaches and settle in on the one that works the best.

Also, color-wise the fluorescent orange is a great match for the machine. But we could also do the neon pink - any thoughts?

Either way, rings will be up this weekend.

On the metal, the hole geometry is tricky but I think that we are very close. It is going to be a cute solution. As Cliffy says, we are still a few weeks out on that one.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello BBB Group…I wanted to share with you some of the great protection mods Cliffy & Martin have come up with using my game. Gene & Co. has done such an awesome job on this beautiful piece of art. I actually stopped playing my game until I have many of the easy break plastics were protected. Here are some picts;

I asked for a single clear plastic under the jet bumper plastic. Cliffy surprised me with these 2 or 3 neon ring option. I really like (and have on my game) the 2 ring set.

Note: the clear plastic under the metal 3-bank drop target

Here’s picts of the 3 ring option;

Here are some picts of the clear plastic protectors;

There are a couple other done and a couple others in production;

They came up with a nice touch to the tube dancer. Ring in the top slot. Cliffy & Martin just mentioned they have created a similar ring that slides down to the bottom of tube. That should look nice too!

Happy Flipping!
Kerry Richard #111
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** BBB Stuff vs. BBB stuff ***
Hey that's pretty sneaky changing the "S" to "s" - now I can't claim trademark infringement can I? Rats

Welcome.
Bertl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking awesome!!!
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *thought* I read in the old Bearcave forum that the playfield plastics were screened on some "virtually unbreakable" material. Any way to determine if that's really the case?

Tony
BBB #39
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadziedzic wrote:
I *thought* I read in the old Bearcave forum that the playfield plastics were screened on some "virtually unbreakable" material. Any way to determine if that's really the case?

Tony

Hit it with a hammer? dontknow
Vegemite Nick #123
martin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadziedzic wrote:

Tony

The plastics are almost certainly PETG, very similar stuff to the blister pack material used to keep you out of products you buy from Costco.

It is almost unbreakable when new. But it does seem to deteriorate over time. Heat is one thing; repeated impact appears to be another; and the stuff deteriorates under light (it yellows). It always amazes me when I see the damage to plastics on late model WPC machines, which are also PETG.
BBB #2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!
Everything looks GREAT!
I will order one of all of your mods as soon as they are aVAILABLE.
Great workmanship as always.

Thanks

Bill
BBB #2
Cliffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an overall shot of the rings on the dancer, pops and tube that Martin and I have made. Note the larger OD on the tube rings than the original proto rings. We think it's much better proportionally to the tube.

sellenoff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and WOW!!

I want one of evertying when it's ready for sale! Smile
runner1717

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, and I bought 7 orange and 7 blue rings from Gene ($150, including shipping)!

Now it looks like I need 15......... Shocked Shocked

Oh well, at least the money went to a good home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: