Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much will the first BBB on eBay sell for?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think the first eBay BBB will sell for?
$4500
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$5000-$6000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$6001-$7000
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
$7001-$8000
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
$8001-$9000
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
$9001-$10000
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
$10001-$11000
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
$11001-$12000
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
$12001-$13000
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
More than even that!
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: How much will the first BBB on eBay sell for? Reply with quote

I know thay have been doing this on RGP, but I'd like to se OUR answers...
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
runner1717

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure any will ever make it to Ebay. Seems like most people bought this game because they wanted one.

I know it would take a hell of a lot of money to pry mine out of my hands!!!
nworker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting question. Let me start by saying that I would never consider selling mine and it would have to pried out of my cold dead fingers by my survivors!

That being said, I recently viewed the interviews with Gene (that was great) and noticed that he seemed pretty proud that a couple of the games had sold for 6,500 back when the was a lot of questions if they would ever be completed.

I would guess that a BBB would go in the 9,500 range. I am not sure how many people would be willing to go into 5 figures for a game, but I would be happily wrong if that was not a ceiling in people's minds. What are they saying on RGP? I quit sifting through that that trash can on a regular basis about a year ago.

nworker
unigroove

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt sooner or later one of IPB's BBB will hit ebay. The first will most likely end up with someone really wanting the game and having enough cash to buy one. I guess the final bid also depend on how much the game gets hyped. My guess is that once the games have been shipped in America, all owners will be so proud that the hype will be at it's best. This would logically result in an extreme high bid on ebay, if one is up for sale.
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runner1717 wrote:
I'm not sure any will ever make it to Ebay. Seems like most people bought this game because they wanted one.

There is a slim chance that none will hit ebay, but I think many will be sold privately if not on ebay. I'll venture to say that 6 hit ebay in the first 6 months. I voted $10,000+. Not that there will be any way to verify this, but I'd say that 20-30 will be sold in the first six to twelve months. Many people bought these for investment only. Some of those people may decide that they want to keep it (especially if the quality is a good as reported, and why wouldn't it be?). The fact that many regulars here would not sell their machine for less than hundreds of thousands does not mean that many do not plan to cash in for thousands.
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if anyone lets the first one go for less than $10K they're crazy. With the potential risk involved you should at least want to double up.

If people that bought them as an investment can be patient and not put them on the market right away, or when others are out there, they will be rewarded.

Mine's not going anywhere so I don't care.
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just though I'd update this old thread.

The first NIB BBB on EBay just went for $13,314.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: