Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't go underground

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hisnice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Can't go underground Reply with quote

We've been playing for hours last night and today, and it plays really well, but here's where i need tech support

I can no longer get to the underground. I could yesterday all the time, now it doesn't ever come up. So, I can't get to the Big Bang mode, because I never go underground. It knows I've made the inner orbit, the drop target works fine, but no underground mode.

I see the switch in the inner orbit, and it seems to click when i touch it, and the solders seem in tact, but I don't think that's working.

Any suggestions on what to do about it?

Thanks!
h
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure it clicks a bit before being flush with the playfield. A ball that is a little left or right of the switch wire may not close the switch. Try testing the switch by hand with a ball moving along the top and bottom wall there and listen for the clicks - top, bottom, and middle. Also make sure the drop target is still flush. If it has raised or lowered itself a little, it may be causing the ball to jump a little which may be enough to miss the switch, especially in conjunction with the prior suggestion. Make sure the locking nut on the drop target adjustment screw is secure too.

Not speaking from experience here, just my thoughts. If that doesn't do the trick, then someone else will likely have a more sophisticated, technical and useful answer for you.
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the single bank droptarget switch. could be it is loose or a wire cam losse.
hisnice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: still not working Reply with quote

thanks for the tips, but it still doesn't work. i'm going to try resoldering the switch. The drop target and switch there, seem to work fine. it's the one to the left of the pop bumpers not working.

any suggestions other than resoldering?
runner1717

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the switch test and make sure the switch registers when you drop the target. It's a odd switch in a funky location.

In game mode, the target should reset after 5 seconds or so. If it's not, the switch isn't working.

One of the screws fell out of mine and the switch wouldn't activate. Found the screw, re-installed and all is well.
hisnice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: thanks for the advice, but it still doesn't work Reply with quote

it turns out the, the switch works fine in test mode. i can close it with my finger or with a ball rolling over it. HOWEVER, i start a game, touch the switch and the game doesn't recognize.

Go back to test mode, switch works fine.

So.... that sounds like a software problem, right?

BTW, it's the switch is the one right in front of the tube dancer, to the left of the word TO on the playfield.
runner1717

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a software problem. It's a switch problem. Try bending the switch in or out just a little and try playing again. Sounds like the switch is stuck closed during game play.

If that doesn't work, replace the switch.
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacing the switch may be neccessary. I had one switch that was *almost* always closed. The little button under the wire actuator would not pop back up all the way, in effect the switch was staying closed. There are 2 screws that hold the switch to the bracket. When I loosened one of the screws, the switch button popped up. The switch would work fine as long as one of the screws was not tightened all the way. I guess the pressure from the overly tight screw was keeping the switch from working properly. Worth taking a look anyway

Bob S
BBB#93
metallik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: are you sure the switch actually does anything *by itself* during gameplay? I'm pretty sure the switch gives no feedback on its own.. rather, it is used to score Underground loops in conjunction with the switch in the passageway, or Double Jackpots in conjunction with the one-bank droptarget. You need a combo of the two for anything to happen. Pushing this switch by itself gives no feedback, which is why it registers in test mode but fails to "work" in gameplay. Try testing in conjunction with those other switches.
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My single drop target switch was missing a screw and eventually came loose and stopped working. I still need the right size screw in there, but I put a long one in and it's working fine.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: