Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scanning the manual
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Scanning the manual Reply with quote

I have access to some nice scanners here at work ... and I also a binding/de-binding machine.

So, I'm in the process of scanning my BBB manual. Mainly this is for convenience...

Right now I'm doing B&W 300dpi ... which seems sufficient, unless anyone else has an objection. I'm going to go back and do the cover in color, though.

One thing I noticed is that my manual jumps from page 105 to page 108 ... they're back-to-back on the same sheet of paper. Is this the same for everyone else, or is it just a printing error in my case? If the latter, I'll need someone to scan those pages for me, in order for this project to be complete. The rest of the pages appear to be intact...

When I'm done, I can create a bare-bones sort of PDF out of the pages and post it (assuming that's okay) ... or I can hand the raw TIFF images over to someone more talented in the PDF department, who can make one with fancy things like a Table of Contents.

What do you all think?

Bill
kirklake13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Missing pages 106 & 107 Reply with quote

I'm missing them too. Perhaps all the repro manuals are the same. anyone have an original proto? Perhaps Gene or Kim?
BBB #102
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would *think* that IPB has the original files (Word, Frame, etc.) for these, so making a PDF from those directly should be much easier than scanning.

Tony
BBB #39
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... Pages 106 & 107 cover the Multi-brawl & Alien Ball Diverters...

Guess this is as good of time as any..... I have in the works some updates to the manual. Just some useless technical babble I've scribbled down over the last couple of years...

Now, if someone who is savy with this sort of thing is interested, we could do some updating... You see, the manuals were printed just like CapCom left them (for the collectors). Since I seem to move too slowly for this crowd, if someone wants to do the editing, we could make ammendments to the manual or a supplimental addition for it.

You all decide & let me know...
TOG
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll volunteer; I review and write technical documentation, and have access to software tools such as Frame and Acrobat (as well as Word).

TOG, are the source files for the documentation available in electronic form, or do you only have printed proofs / masters?

Tony
BBB #39
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those pages are missing from my manual as well. If we could get a PDF of pages 106-107 that would be cool!

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
digger47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TOG,
Any body that thinks you don't move fast enough should have been there
on pickup day or the day before, I can send pictures but you were just
a blur, you were going so fast.
but thanks for taking your time building BBB it shows in the quality
Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadziedzic wrote:
I would *think* that IPB has the original files (Word, Frame, etc.) for these, so making a PDF from those directly should be much easier than scanning.

Tony

The manual I have looks like a photocopy. The pages are not 100% straight, which they should be if printed from Word. Photocopiers and sheet feeders have a margin of error / skew.

As it stands, I have already scanned the pages, so at least we have this for a starter copy. If we can get a better copy from IPB, then all the better. Who should we contact to find out what is available?

Bill
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Kim and TOG... original manual scan ok to share? Reply with quote

I have a high quality scan copy of the original manual. Kim or TOG, could you check with Gene and let me know if I can make this available?

The original manual in this case was a photocopy. I believe these were made up after the fact for collectors.

John
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do some diggin for an e-copy... Rolling Eyes Might be a few days... Sad

TOG
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Kim and TOG... original manual scan ok to share? Reply with quote

harrrrrrr wrote:
I have a high quality scan copy of the original manual. Kim or TOG, could you check with Gene and let me know if I can make this available?

The original manual in this case was a photocopy. I believe these were made up after the fact for collectors.

John

Maybe we could just release the missing pages? I can PDF them if they are in JPG format or something. I could also do any required clean-up. I'm sure you could take the file to Kinkos or someplace and have it printed on the paper with the holes to put in your manual and remove the bad page.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual Update: I checked the high quality scan I have and it does include the missing pages (106 - 107). I also have a high quality scan of the schematics. If Gene approves, I will get these posted for the group.

John
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also missing 106 & 107, as I'm sure everyone is. Once I get the merchandising and some other projects behind me I would gladly help with or tackle any tasks that might remain unfinished (which will likely be none).
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, haven't heard from IPB on this yet. I will try and call Kim tomorrow. Embarassed

John
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received IPBs ok this afternoon. Manual and schematic scans have been sent to Robert. They should both be available shortly. Glad I could share these with everyone.

Enjoy... Very Happy

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: