Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Picture Archive
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: BBB Picture Archive Reply with quote

Is there any interest in a BBB picture archive? I have quite a few pictures from a variety of sources. I could put together quite a gallery of pictures from when our games were being made and after. I'd give credit for any that I could find it for. I'd take any pictures that people want to add. Opinions?
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's an excellent idea, Al. There are many pictures from the old Bearcave forum that I wish I would have snagged before that forum disappeared. If they could be hosted by Robert (on this site) that would be ideal, assuming he has sufficient storage capacity.

Tony
BBB #39
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of registering a new website just for the pictures. I know I have about 1000 pictures already. I don't have any bandwidth issues on my account, I never even reach 5% of my usage every month with 16 websites that I have now.

I was thinking I would use a program like the one that made the pictures on a friend's site (I own the domain):

http://www.ussohio.org/ConstructionPhotos/index.html

And set up separate sets based on time or event. I also should be able to release my Pick-up pictures soon, I made a deal with Jim Schelberg to get the audio and art for the Stan Fukuoka thing on PV3 that I would write an article for Pingame Journal and provide pictures. That *should* be coming out real soon (Paul wrote the article). As an aside, I obviously got Stan's permission to use his stuff.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the time and energy, I'd say go for it. I can link to it from the BBBstuff.com links page if you wish.

A little birdy told me that there is a(nother) BBB surprise in the upcoming PGJ, so I guess it'll be a BBB double whammy.
Bertl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea!

I have a lot of pictures right from the beginning from the old Bearcave forum and from every source i could find.

But i suggest there must be someone who goes through all the pictures to avoid doubles or triples.

Do we need any ok from the taker of the photos?

Brgds
Norbert
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the source on many of the pictures (hey, I took hundreds), I figure that I'll keep things together and if anyone has any problems with anything, I'll just delete them. I know I can't use the original Capcom pics I have from PGJ, but I got a couple from Pfutz that I'm sure I can use.

I don't want to tick anyone off, so if I know a link, I'll add it to the page and give the people credit and traffic.

I think it'll be cool! I'll work on it this weekend.

-Al-
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadziedzic wrote:
If they could be hosted by Robert (on this site) that would be ideal, assuming he has sufficient storage capacity.

I've got tons of storage and bandwidth. I can mirror if need be.
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the domain running and I'm working on the content now. There are a *ton* of pictures to go through but I think I have the bulk of the pictures I have sorted. I'll set up an FTP site for people to add new pics. How do I handle the pictures people sent me for Georgianna? I'm thinking that I don't include them unless people ask me to.

If you have a bunch of pictures that I can share, please e-mail me at al@pinsandvids.com. These should not be ones that were on the forums before. We'll take care of the missed pictures after I get the bulk of the site up.

-Al-
kirklake13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

Al, It's ok with me if you post the pics I sent you for Georgiana.

captkirk BBB#78
BBB #102
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: pics Reply with quote

kirklake13 wrote:
Al, It's ok with me if you post the pics I sent you for Georgiana.

captkirk BBB#78

Me too
Vegemite Nick #123
digger47

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it AL, and many thanks, post away
dig47
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a work in progress but check out http://www.bbbpictures.com.

Oh and the new Pingame Journal is out with my friend Paul's review of driving to PMI and picking up the game. Order the Pingame Journal at http://www.pingamejournal.com if you don't have a subscription.
latecomer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Al for this effort, which is clearly a big undertaking but well worth it and appreciated for the archive of the history it will be.

Regards,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
BBB93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Al! It's great to have all of this archived in one place. I have a bunch if shots I took during a couple of visits to PMI during assembly. Can I put them on a disk to send to you? I think I have some shots from the old forum somewhere too. Any interest in trying to get a collection of pictures from the old forum?

Thanks for the work, it is very much appreciated,

Thank you!

Bob S
awarner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to include anything I can get! I'll PM my address to anyone that has something to share or if you can do an FTP, I'll set up an ID/password for you to upload them to. I have no obtainable limit to the storage available to me.

-Al-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: