Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not a Software bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinballlew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Not a Software bug Reply with quote

I noticed on Tour the Bar when I hit the left orbit that the light doesnt go out and register as a completed shot. Is this a software bug? The switch test fine and works fine in other modes. Thanks -Mike

Last edited by pinballlew on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
pinballlew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody?
sellenoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinballlew wrote:
anybody?

I haven't had a chance to try it on my game, but you can always try it on pinmame and see if it works there.
runner1717

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine goes out when in the "tour the bar" mode.

Adjust your orbit switch and check your spinner switch as well.
pinballlew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured out the problem. The right orbit gate isn't lifting correctly to feed the orbit. It seems to be binding. I have it all apart but had to walk away and take a break and I am getting ready to go to CA Xtreme tomorrow so I will see what I can do Mon or Tues Smile I didn't realize that it was supposed to so I am going to have to look into fixing this. When I tested it out with the glass off and threw a ball through the left orbit and manually hit the right switch afterwards the light went out. -Mike
sellenoff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it on my BBB and it works fine, ie, the light went out, and the mode registered the shot.
unigroove

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't noticed this bug so far. I posted some bugs about a year ago and noticed a new one: After Happy Hour starts all playfield lamps blink for about 5 seconds and then the lamps go back into regular mode while the mode is still running. Anybody else notice this?
pinballlew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I figured out the problem. Took me awhile and a task I was unsure if I should try but I took the a lot of parts off and figured out that the right orbit diverter wire was binding against the playfield causing the diverter not to open when it was supposed too. Problem now finally fixed Smile Yeah! Man I was kind of scared removing all the pieces I did but now that I finished my confidence is way up on all Pinball repairs. I now would not be so scared to try a playfield swap. I did have to walk away a couple of times and gather my sanity. Some advice that I picked up from reading Lloyds posts in RGP. I did end up losing a spring to the right diverter but I stole the left one and made a makeshift spring (thanks Mr. Ballpoint pen) for the left one which I stole. Now I just have to figure out where to order the spring (any suggestions?) I also need to order a Darts switch as mine occasionally sticks down. Does anyone know who would carry these? Thanks -Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: