Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left flipper sticking in up position

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marspinball

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Left flipper sticking in up position Reply with quote

I was playing a game last night and the left flipper stuck at the end of stroke. If the ball hit it, it would go back down and seem to work again. Also it sometimes sticks and then falls back down.

I took the glass off and could feel slight resistance at the very top of the stroke. I then lifted and PF and examined the assembly and could not see any binding. I could also feel the same resistance when manually sliding the plunger at the end of the stroke.

There is slight up/down movement in both flippers like there should be so I don't think it's binding that way. Also appears that both coil sleeves are installed.

Anyone experience this or have any suggestions??
BBB #131
BBB93

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not sure what would be causing this, but it sounds like you can "feel" some type of mechanical binding when you move the flipper thru its stroke. I would suggest taking a closer look and maybe some disassembly and closer inspection is in order. Maybe one of the coil sleeves is broken or cracked, bad flipper busing, bent coil stop???? Not sure, but if you take it apart, you may be able to isolate where exactly it is binding.

Happy Flipping..
Bob S
BBB#93
Lloyd Olson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lift the playfield up a bit so you can see under there good. Then move the flipper by hand, see if it is actually catching on the EOS points. If so the easiest cure is a longer point. LTG Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: