Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Video Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: BBB Video Status Reply with quote

"Pins and Vids 3, Revenge of the Myth - The History of BBB" is about finished. I sent copies to four people I trust to review it and give me feedback. One person has shared opinions and while they were valid points and I used most of them, they were not real critical items, so I feel good about where I am with it. I'm expecting maybe two more people to comment and I'm hoping PMI will review it prior to release for content issues. It leaves Gene in a positive light and really shows just how difficult it was to produce these machines. Oh, and I watched it for the first time (as a single entity) on Saturday and I really liked it. It's funny, when you do things like this, you do them in parts and you see things in "Sections". Putting it together and watching it is different and although I've heard every word of this over 100 times each, it's still different. I began writing the commentary track and that's 1/4 done. The track will explain why TOG is covering his face with a goofy mask made of cardboard and other things that we understand, but people outside won't get. It will also talk in more details about the events happening on the screen.

My friend Paul is producing a "Roadtrip to Bloomington" video as a bonus item, Korn's Apology will be on the disc in full as a bonus, and Chris Bucci's Review/Something Special will be featured on the main menu.

Basic layout and DVD authoring starts this week as well. I really can't get this going in full until the main video is finalized.

All in all it's awesome and it will STILL cost just $7.00 shipped in the US with all of the profits going to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. If everything comes together, release this month still seems possible.

Thanks for reading,

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Al, can't wait!

Regards,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too... really looking forward to seeing it.

John
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene called me tonight and approved the preliminary version of the video I sent him. Various friends of mine have reviewed it and helped me with some of the "Nit-Picky" things that really help polish it off. I really liked thier suggestions and I think it will really make it a better product. I told Gene that the changes were only technical and all of the content is exactly the same.

The cover art is finished.

The web commercial is "Written" and in edit.

Commentary is partially written but not recorded or edited.

The DVD authoring is not started.

Chris Bucci's part is in production and he has given me some dates that are coming up soon!

I was really excited about Gene's call though. I really want him to be happy with it and it sounds like he is.

-Al-

UPDATE: A large version (4MB) of the commercial is done. It's not linked from the website yet, but I can't keep a secret... http://www.pinsandvids.com/vids/PV3-Commercial.wmv
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the new ad Al, especially **that** shot!
Vegemite Nick #123
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you it was in Nick - Hehe!
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice promo Al. Looks to be a great video!
BBB #74
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great promo, Al. I like the buildup of suspense for the release.

John
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-learned my DVD software this weekend:

Not all of the content is final yet, but this menu works and the chaptrers menu is done as well.

Now to figure out the multiple audio tracks for the commentary track...

-Al-
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Chris Bucci's Review Video Reply with quote

I saw a rough copy of Chris Bucci's "Review" video yesterday and all I can say is YOU WILL BE FLOORED!!! Chris will be releasing two versions of the video, a Web version and a special version for Pins and Vids III with a commentary track.

All I can tell you is that I am extremely jealous of his incredible talent. This thing is AWESOME.

Because of an interview on the history of pinball that I did on video for gametap.com, It makes a lot of sense to have the DVDs ready to ship by the end of this month. I think that a lot of non-BBB owners will be exposed to this game.

The next two weeks are going to be interesting.

But the main point of this post is: "Just wait till you see what Chris did!" I am so excited about this, it's like delivery day all over again (yes, it's THAT good).

-Al-
spida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop it, you're making me blush!

Embarassed

See??

I'm honored that you enjoyed it so much and I'm excited that it will be included in this DVD slice of pinball history!! I hope everyone else will enjoy it as well. I had a great time creating it.

(**Plus, I can say I recorded a commentary track once........not that there will be one thing of interest in it..........LOL!!!!**)
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Website updated... Reply with quote

I got the web page ready for the big release. Details at:

http://www.pinsandvids.com/episode3.html

-Al-
BBB93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Al, really looking forward to seeing it. I saw Gene last night at the Pinball Supershow in Marion IL. Gene REALLY liked the video, spoke very highly about it. Very Happy

Bob S
BBB#93
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Website updated... Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
I got the web page ready for the big release. -Al-

Lookin' forward to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: