Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motor Control PCB Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Motor Control PCB Problem Reply with quote

My game kept shooting multiple balls into the trough so I thought I had a bad opto or something. THen I decided to look at the fuses because my aliens weren't spinning. After a few burnt fuses I have concluded that the Motor Control PCB is causing the problem. Does anyone know anything about this board? I swapped the two 100uF caps on the ideas that these might be NOS and dried, and I checked two of the diodes, but it keeps blowing the fuse.

Thanks for reading.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty simple board ... I'd suspect the motor might be a factor. You could try connecting a light bulb to the board in place of the motor and see what happens; I'm not sure if the motor is 12 or 24 volts.

The tube dancer uses the same motor, but I wouldn't try connecting it to the motor control board without disconnecting the motor from the dancer, as if it runs backwards you'll probably drive the screw through the dancer's body.

Tony
BBB #39
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The motor isn't the problem. I used a trick we use when checking Wobble Head kits, I connected a 9V battery to the motor and it spun fine. Disconnecting the power input to the motor control board stops the fuse from blowing. The power output (to the motor) doesn't help anything. I talked to Gene and I'm sending the PCB back. The game compensates for the missing aliens, but it's really not the same without 'em.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every story needs an ending. Gene had 10 more boards made up and they were all defective (remember, he farms this stuff out). He sent my original back as well and they repaired it. But first TOG helped me figure out that my game was fine and the board was still the problem when I got one of the defective ones. My board was repaired fine and works great. I think my short was actually in the trough opto board area, but I'm not really sure. THe problem is gone though.

-Al-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: