Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will NIB BBB prices ever increase above $12.5K?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Will NIB BBB prices ever increase above $12.5K? Reply with quote

I've wondered at what point the price of a NIB BBB might increase, if ever. The going post-buyer price has seemed to hold steady at $12.5K with no lack of interested buyers. But as the supply of NIB BBBs diminishes, what will happen to the price? Will it ever reach $15K? $20K?

Just some food for thought/discussion.
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might increase. The randomizing factor is the price and availability of non-NIB games I think. Let's look at it this way, I'm looking to buy a BBB. I can get a non-NIB for say 9-10K. If I buy the NIB game at whatever it sels for and take it out of the box to play it, it's now worth 9-10k. Now, on the other hand, there are people with money that just don't care. They just want it and can afford it. This leads me to another observation I've had about pinball in general. It looks like it's turning into a rich-person hobby, well, from the buying perspective. There was a recent auction in SC where all of the "parts" games from a distributor got bid up to outrageous prices by a reseller from Arizona. He apparently has a lot of rich clients so $2.5K for a broken Addams was not a problem because he'll fix and sell it for $8K+. I suspect that trends like these will influence pricing on all games. I also forsee a lot less pins coming through my doors in 2008.

So my answer to your question of NIB prices, I would say if the trends in buyer types continue, NIB games WILL increase in value. If not, the Non-NIB game will have appeal because of it's price.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: