Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too quiet...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Too quiet... Reply with quote

...in the moment. Sad

Nobody with a good story about the "good, old times"??

Or anything else that make the sun shine?? Laughing

Or any suggestions, how we can kill time and fill the forum with interesting stories??

Rgds
Norbert
bspins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There once was a man from Nantucket.............ah, never mind.
Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
Bertl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, cross-eyed mosquitos and bow-legged ants, I am here today to tell you a story that I know absolutely nothing about. Bright one morning in the middle of the night two dead boys got up to fight. One drew a knife and shot the other. A deaf policeman heard the noise and came to arrest those two dead boys. If you don't believe that my story is true, ask the blind man on the corner - he saw it too.

Yep, too quite. Hopefully that means we are in for some big pleasant news/reports soon.
Bertl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try! Very Happy

I just bought the last edition for M.Shaloubs Pinball Compendium (1982 - Present). There are also some interesting things about Capcom in general and BBB in special in it.

Just curious if anybody has editions of the PinGame Journal with stories about Capcom machines in it (as M.Shaloub often noticed in his book, that he got photos with courtesy from PGJ). Is there a possibility to get copies or scans of these stories???

Seems to be only a few as i saw in the PGJ archive, as the issues in the years 1996-1997 are a little bit unregular...

Just to fill up my records...

Rgds
Norbert
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94 wrote:
Hopefully that means we are in for some big pleasant news/reports soon.

Kim's last post included the following: "Jeff and Crystal had to go back home for a while but they will be back and Kerry will be working with Gene on the playfield assemblies up there. So we may have a bit of a picture dry spell. "

If I read that correctly, it means that we will have to be a little patient for the next few weeks (I don't know how long "a while" is). For the moment, I'm not holding my breath for a big pleasant report...
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had you held your breath you could let it out now.

The other guy that is helping made me go down to the PMI building at 9:02 last nite for a big surprise hello1

I walk in the door and there she is in all here glory, Backbox on, translite in and backbox LIT UP. Doggone it she looked good.

They did run into a few issues; the brace at the service outlet box in the cabinet had to be notched so the cable would fit thru. Since mine was the first, the notch job was done by hand but everyone elses will be done so that it looks neat and professional. The notch did not show in the prints.

Next when they (capcom) designed the backbox they put extra supports into the corners but didn't make a change to the metal backing plate that hold the boards. So of course the plate is to wide. Steve had tried the plate in a breakshot head and it fit fine so it was assumed that they were good.
When Jeff, Crystal and the other guy went to put it in my head it was to big. (paint touch up) See the sacrifices I make for ya'll Wink
So they have been sent out to be trimmed down to the appropriate size.

But most of the cables and parts are in my cabinet and the backbox lit up Exclamation

I did notice on Gene's translite that upon CLOSE inspection I could see a couple spots where pinhole light came thru, but you definitely have to be at the correct angle to be able to see it. But then again you guys have me so crazy that I have become a super perfectionist and nobody else was nearly as concerned as I was.

pictures will follow as soon as they arrive from the pmi building

have a good day.

kim
CraigC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great! so when does the 1st playfield go in? Wink

-c
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that the setbacks have been minor and easily corrected. It is awesome that things are really coming together (pun intended).
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

Thanks for all the sacrifices and news. I should think your hand crafted first edition will be pretty nice when all is finished. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

John
blubboman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Jeff, Crystal and the other guy Reply with quote

I like the code name for "the other guy". We need codenames for all the assemblers. Any suggestions?
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Jeff, Crystal and the other guy Reply with quote

blubboman wrote:
I like the code name for "the other guy". We need codenames for all the assemblers. Any suggestions?

- "The guy right next to the other guy"
- "The guy who is not the other guy, but also not the first guy, and sometimes wears a hat"
- "the playfield assembly dude"
- "the guy who is sometimes here and sometimes not"
- "the guy who is actually a girl"
- "the BBB forum guy" (wait a minute, that's Robert Razz)
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way the gentleman that is building assemblies today is the New Guy and he's a pin guy from here in town. He's working with the other guy.

When this is all said and done I will try to get pictures of everyone and identify them by their code names and their given names.

- "the playfield assembly dude" = Kerry

- "the guy who is sometimes here and sometimes not = Jeff

kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: