Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: WMS parts business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metallik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: OT: WMS parts business Reply with quote

So with all the griping about Wayne going on, was curious what the future of IPB's parts business would be? I was under the impression that Gene still has all the rights that Wayne does, and with Wayne's current bad reputation and high prices, there seems to be plenty of room for competition. If IPB does intend to compete vigorously in the parts business after BBB is completed, perhaps some help could be brought on now to start ramping things up?

And yes, Wayne, I know you read this. I'm not going to sling the venom that others have sent your way, but neither do I like paying $24 for a scared stiff crate plunger (I think this was $10 last time I got one) .. nor do I care much for your attitude, and I would prefer to conduct business with other companies. Choice is good - hopefully IPB can be an option.
pinball-sales

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Parts Business Reply with quote

This is not my forum, but i am sure that IPB will agree with me when i say all parts that are being remade cost more now than when they were made NOS.

There is no where near the manufacturers making pinball parts in the production Quantities needed to reduce these prices.

I am sure many parts will be available from IPB as they have always been and you can buy from them as you prefer.
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, ipb will remain a player in the parts business.

As Wayne said pinball parts are very expensive to have remade and we are held to a much higher standard than any repro person ever was.

I can think of 2 examples off the top of my head but i don't want to appear to be "slamming" someone else's product.

Plus Wayne has the added expense of shipping to add on to the parts cost and having shipped parts to him I know that it's very costly.

Wayne like us will catch h... just because.

Not responding to the hecklers has its own set of problems. Everyone says just ignore them but every once in awhile you get one or two people and on occasion all of the alias' they can make up to say mean hateful things.
It does get old.

So for what it's worth my advise to everyone is Until you have had to fill someone elses shoes be kind in what you say because you really don't know what they have been or are going thru. Smile

Lecture over!!

So don't count us out it's our plan to be around for along time.
No matter what anyone else says Twisted Evil

kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: