Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teeny music on BBB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just plain rob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Teeny music on BBB Reply with quote

OK, I was in a dead-quiet room with just the BBB powered on and leaning into the game doing a quicky wax, my ear is very close to the speaker and I hear this tiny 5-note keyboard sound FAINTLY coming from the speakers. You have to listen up close (my volume is on 12 or 10 or something near that). So I cock my head like a german shepherd and start up the steps figuring it was coming from the upstairs tele. Nope. It's in the game ROMS.

Wonder what it's all about...!

Check it out and let me know if I am developing schizophrenia or if some mothership conversing with me.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean the strange music we (pinsane and me) had mentioned in this thread: http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493&highlight=sound

I LOVE IT!

brgds
Norbert
just plain rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertl wrote:
I think you mean the strange music we (pinsane and me) had mentioned in this thread: http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493&highlight=sound

I LOVE IT!

brgds
Norbert

Yes--definitely not a clicking sound. I count 5 keyboard notes which gradually gets repeated over and over.
Faint transmissions from the jukebox at the Big Bang Bar?

And I'm serious--it's there--if you guys don't hear this, you're missing something which just makes this game even stranger.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what you are talking about. I always attributed it to some systematic interference. I'll try to listen closely soon and see if I can distinquish the clicking I heard from what I think you are talking about.

What you are talking about is pretty high pitched right? Like it COULD be high frequency noise? If so one of us might have to follow your advice in the thread Bertl mentioned - of course I don't think its possible to disconnect the main board, should that be the source - :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: