Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone still read this forum?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Anyone still read this forum? Reply with quote

If you're reading this topic, please post a reply. I'm curious how many people still access this forum. Tell us if you still have your game and if so, how many total plays it has.

I spoke with Kim two days ago (they're shipping my MM playfield) and she asked about my BBB. Yes, it's *still* in a sealed box. No plans on selling it, life just got really busy once our second child arrived! Decided to downsize the gameroom a bit to make room for a play area so my lack of pin-space got even worse.

It's funny how I used to check this forum 5 or 6 times a day. Now I casually peruse it briefly maybe once a week. Kinda miss all that excitement.
BBB #74
marspinball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check about once/twice a week. I still have the shortcut on my desktop.

I have tried to get speaker cut outs and cannot get them no matter how many times I email Kim. I finally get an order form emailed to me, I filled it out and sent it back and still nothing.

If anyone can get through to her I would really like a set and any other key-chain plastics if available.
BBB #131
tomterlec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check a few times per week, while there isn't much new here the site has a lot of information about our games and expieriences. I still have my game, last I checked had about 200 plays on it. Wouldn't want to sell it unless I absolutely had too.

Tom
BBB #136
Bertl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check the forum every day (monday - friday) when i am getting into my office and have my first coffee.

I still have access to BBB #EXPP16 (the last one, that has been build), but no time in the moment to play. It has low plays, approx. 400. Still perfect.

I miss the times when every day some new posts appear. Expecially the nice background stories from pinsane.

@robert: maybe you might install some statistics software. Very Happy

Brgds
Norbert
vincz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check about once/twice a week on this forum for this great pinball
probably more than 50 plays on our BBB and it was a HUO EXPP

MM playfield is the last release? no fix problem now?
eandries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check the forum about 3 or 4 times the week.

Me BBB have 452 games on it and still like new.

BBB#69
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Life moves on??? Reply with quote

I check the forum twice a month or so. If anyone PMs me, I'll respond right away.

BBB was an amazing piece of Pinball history, but it seems that it's over. I mean everything about it was exciting. I loved "leaking" information as I got it. It was never really leaked, but I loved being able to tell what I found out. Announcing the date was the coolest. Helping with the shipping of the games was a blast and making the video was something I'll never forget.

I had a party last week and everyone that played it, thought it was really fun. I don't play most of my games that much anymore (other hobbies in the way like my "Light-o-Rama" project, and gearing up for the next Pins & Vids) but I'll get back to it at some point. I have 3 EM pinballs to restore so it's just a matter of time.

I guess my game has 400+ plays on it.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
alienagent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check irregularly-
One quick suggestion,
Recombine the Kingpin and BBB sites.
Tim
BBB 15.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been keeping on pinball in general (BBB, Kingpin, RGP). I check here every few weeks now. I've been trying to make more time for pinball - when I do I'll try to think of ways to perk up this forum too.

My audits are very embarassing so don't pick on me - I suck!!! :-)

Avg ball time: 01:03 (mm:ss) - OMG that's terrible
Games: 305 (243 1P, 23 2P, 5 3P, 3 4P)
Time on: 3 days 11:11:25
Game time: 17:08:43
Avg game 03:15

My best score (I really shouldn't admit this): 235.8 million
latecomer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check in every week or so here, and same on Kingpin (although with little hope of seeing anything there).

Haven't looked at the audits, but there will be over a 1,000 games without doubt, must check it out tomorrow. Probably play three or four games a week these days. Like most I guess, I go through stages, and right now it's early SS games that have my attention.
Vegemite Nick #123
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check on here at least once a week, have tweaked a couple of things and learned here from what others are doing.

Still have the game, all is well, one annoying thing is the mode light by the middle drop targets burns out QUICK! I've wondered about trying to replace it with an led, but at least it's an easy bulb to get to.

Haven't checked audits, but I'd guess in the low hundreds, say 300-400 hundred games.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly, Capcom games are not LED compatible because of how the bulbs are "pulsed". I would check diodes inline with the bulb to be on the safe side.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irbgolfin wrote:

Still have the game, all is well, one annoying thing is the mode light by the middle drop targets burns out QUICK!

Mine does too - I'm wondering if its getting a whack from time to time being so exposed.
Vegemite Nick #123
blubboman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: I still check Reply with quote

I still check the forum regularly. Like others I've tried to get spare parts and such without much luck. I'm also still curious about Kingpin. Seeing that cabinet on Ebay got me excited again about it.
blubbo
latecomer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: I still check Reply with quote

blubboman wrote:
I still check the forum regularly. Like others I've tried to get spare parts and such without much luck. I'm also still curious about Kingpin. Seeing that cabinet on Ebay got me excited again about it.
blubbo

What cabinet was that?
Vegemite Nick #123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: