Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

See what you think
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: See what you think Reply with quote

Hey folks,

Check out this link. Some of the pictures will be used on the website for the world to view. There are a bunch of them so we hope you don't get bored

http://www.classic-arcades.com/BBB/index.html

This link is not on yet it will take a couple of hours to finish loading but we are going home.

Sweet dreams.

kim
digger47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way could I get bored. great pictures and fine progress.
keep up the good work.
dig
CraigC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: See what you think Reply with quote

thanks Kim! great to see!

-c

PINBALL WITCH wrote:
Hey folks,

Check out this link. Some of the pictures will be used on the website for the world to view. There are a bunch of them so we hope you don't get bored

http://www.classic-arcades.com/BBB/index.html

This link is not on yet it will take a couple of hours to finish loading but we are going home.

Sweet dreams.

kim
Swann

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx a bunch for the link with the pictures.... will be hard to keep my eyes at work this morning, prefer to go through the pictures
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
Bertl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is want we want to see!!

Thanks for the pictures!

Brgds
Norbert Very Happy
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icescream yum yum
Swann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've had the time to glance through all the questions, truly impressive work, and sure thing it's a heck load of work with installing everything like how Capcom did it.

Three questions out of interest, where one is a general question that Capcom-owners can answer on and the other two is to Kim;

1. The Tilt-mech, is it really mounted on a piece of wood in all Capcom's (not talking about the BBB-prototypes here)?, and not like the WMS-"standard" plastic that is adjustable for the angle of cabinet.

2. The complete plastic-kit. Will it be delivered exactly like the ones that you've recieved (like on the picture DSC00146.jpg). Would be pretty cool to recieve them like that (not so good for storage, but looks good Smile ).

3. Very Happy Curious as I am, I have to ask, the Kiss-picture on the workbench, is it a kind of luck charm?

And yes, by the way nice work there! Truly am interested in the *next day* photo-session!
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if it is possible to download all these pictures at once? Now I have to save each picture to my harddisk. I have that "problem" often on websites, but I can't find a tool to help me with that. I remember that in previous versions of Windows (or internet explorer), there was a function to save a website to your harddrive so you could look at it offline, AND you could specify how deep the page had to be saved, so if you said two levels, then Internet Explorer downloaded ALL data that was behind all the links on the main page and even all data another link deeper. With that functionality, I could save the main page with the thumbnails with one level extra, and have all the full size pictures saved in one mouseclick. Or maybe I should switch to another browser?

About the pictures: are these all from new machines?? For example picture DSC00041, is that Gene's prototype or a new machine??? If it's a new one, then there is a LOT more progress than I thought!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
edit: I think I just figured out that the first 65 pictures or so are about Gene's machine being ripped apart Embarassed but it's still looking good!
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: See what you think Reply with quote

PINBALL WITCH wrote:
Some of the pictures will be used on the website for the world to view.

Besides a few of these pictures, I would also add a few close-ups of the side-art and playfield, to show that the print quality is really top notch.

Could you let us know when a set of pictures is published? I'd like to follow up on the reactions on RGP Laughing
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question (I'm sure a lot of questions will follow once everyone had a good look at these pictures): if I look at picture DSC00177, I see a "tube lamp" (I forgot again how these are called in English) instead of a whole bunch of normal pinball lights and flashers. Why is BBB different than other Capcoms like for example Airborne? I thought Stern was the only one who cut costs like that Sad. Was that an attempt by Capcom to keep the overall cost of the game down?
Swann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to BBB and the "Tube-lamp" (neither do I know the english name for it Smile ) that you refer to. Well I think it's pretty clever actually how Capcom does the backbox illumination here.

That is they have both flashers (you can spot one up in the top left corner) for effects and a "Tube-lamp" for illumination, in that way they keep it cooler (and cheeper) in the Backbox and at the same time have flasher lamp-effects. Stern on the other hand has no flashers only a "Tube-lamp".

Today you can do it even better and cheeper with alternative lightning technologies that didn't exist at that time, so overall I think it's a really really well made and thought through solution in BBB. Cool
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swann wrote:
Today you can do it even better and cheeper with alternative lightning technologies that didn't exist at that time

I hope that with "lightning technologies", you don't mean that the put the machine outside in a storm? Razz
Bertl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BS and FF have the tube-lamp in the back box, too, but no flashers. Maybe this was because these two were more low cost machines.

Rgds
Norbert
Swann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, no, not really , would be kind of interesting to have a Pinball-machine powered by lightning but don't think it would be playable for so long time...

As you might have noticed it's available on the market LED-replacements for #44 lamps, currently they don't have as good characteristics but at least they draw very little power and last very-very-very long.
Tomorrow's LED-replacements will surely be as good as current lamps and last longer and still draw much less power.

...and these LED-replacements are just one way to go with illumination today...
litz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very nice. Thanks for all the pictures (155 to 160 weren't
comming up for me Crying or Very sad ). Thanks to Jeff and Crystal for the video. Keep up
the good work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: