Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy 2010!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Happy 2010!!!! Reply with quote

Wild - First post of the year and it's in March!!!

So I'm gussing that there is no real BBB news anymore.

I saw that someone has raised the BBB sale price to $11K. This is a good trend even though barring any financial disaster on my part, mine will not be for sale.

I guess you all know that Gene sold the bulk of the Williams, Alvin G, and some Capcom parts to James Loflin of Pinball Inc. here in Georgia. He also acquired a lot of tooling and an unbelievable amount of documentation going back to the first Williams game, Suspense. James sold the parts to an Austrailian company, but retained the tooling and documentation. I have seen the documentation and it is absolutely fascinating. Hand drawn playfields, artwork, detailed Bill of Materials, Etc. We're hoping to scan a lot of the material, but we estimate that there are as much as 500,000 pages total! Yes - there really is THAT much. James has started to produce some parts from original moulds so it's an awesome time. And James does have some BBB ramps if anyone needs them, but you'll have to take your chances moving the EL lights from yours to the new one. I got my hands on an original EL light from the original game and the connectors are different.

I'm attending the Pinball Wizards Convention In Allentown, PA with James this April/May - Come by the booth and say Hi!

One other thing - We are going to re-issue all of the Pins and Vids discs along with a new one this year in standard DVD cases with covers and printed discs. The price will be higher, but we'll still be giving the PHOF the bulk of the profit (basically the same amount they were making before without having to do anything). I'll update the forum when we get there.

Also, I'm on Facebook now and a few of you are on my Friends list. Cool - The more the Merrier!

Also - New BBB owners - Post a message and introduce yourself! Be sure to read all of the forums and get caught up on the history of this great game. I still have the Pictures page up at http://www.bbbpictures.com.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Bertl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, very sad that it's so quiet here. I take a look in here almost every day to see if there are any news.

The ramp arrows are still an issue. I would be glad to see them reproduced or an alternative product.

Also a re-run of the playfield plastic set would be interesting, but i do not have an information from IPB so far.

The documentation you have seems to be awesome, hope we see one day a part of the result.

PinGreetz!
Norbert
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy 2010!!!! Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
I saw that someone has raised the BBB sale price to $11K. This is a good trend even though barring any financial disaster on my part, mine will not be for sale.

A HUO BBB sold for $10K this week in about a day so I don't think $11K would be out of line for an asking price.
BBB #74
kirklake13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert I will definately stop by @ the Allentown booth.

Anyone know if James or IPB has any BBB cabinet art?

If the game gets to $15k I might consider selling mine Smile

captkirk
BBB#78
BBB #102
tcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the one posted on RGP this week for $8500 sold?
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Gene will be at Allentown Reply with quote

Kim confirmed that Gene will be at the Allentown show in May. Just letting y'all know in case you want to drop by his booth and say Hi!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: