Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinball Magazine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unigroove

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Pinball Magazine Reply with quote

Hi all,

Last week I attended Pinball Expo and was recognized by Steve / Pinsane, who was at the wednesday night buffet with Al Warner, Fred and a few others. It was great meeting them and it should be no surprise they were talking about BBB.

I have been absent from the forum for a while, mainly because the computer I used to work on crashed and I lost all my bookmarks. For those who don't know me: I'm Jonathan and I was the first to have his IPB BBB getting delivered in Europe, a year prior to most American buyers. I still have my game and have done a few minor 'mods'. I placed colored lightbulbs over the lamps lighting up the mode inserts and just replaced my black flipper rubbers for green ones. I'm thinking to replace the black rubber standup sleeves for purple ones. Also have 2 purple Williams flippers that some day may replace the black Capcom ones. Like I said, no spectacular mods, but it's still fun to customize my game.

Some of you may know I recently launched a new, glossy, printed magazine, simply called Pinball Magazine. See www.pinball-magazine.com. The fisrt issue is a special on Roger Sharpe. The idea is to make each issue a special on a specific topic. That topic could be a pinball designer, a specific game, a company, an artist, or even a topic that I haven't thought of yet. I have made a list of future special topics and you may be pleased to know that 'The making of Big Bang Bar (part 1 and 2) is on my list of future topics to dedicate a magazine to. At the moment I am working on several other issues, so it will take some time before I get to work on the BBB special, but the plan is to make one.

I hope I can use images posted on this forum and look forward to hear from people who would like to help me out with photos, stories and other stuff that could make such a BBB issue a fun and informative magazine to read. Not just for BBB owners, but also for those who just like to read about pinball and the people behind the scenes.

In case anyone has any queries, feel free to contact me: editor(at)pinball-magazine(dot)com.

Thanks!

Jonathan
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure to meet Jonathan at Expo this year. The magazine is absolutely incredible and everyone should get a copy.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to meet you Jonathan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: