Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ramp targets readily available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mushroom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Ramp targets readily available? Reply with quote

You know, the green targets in front of the ramp, the ones that say : a little more to the left/right ?? Smile)
Are they anywhere to be found in the same colour or can extra's be had from IPB ?
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Ramp Targets Reply with quote

Capcom designed a real strong back to thier targets (L-Brecket). Problems like we've had with TZ should not be an issue. I would bet that IPB has lots of extras though. At least one of the pinball suppliers has them on thier site right now.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
mushroom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euhm, I could be wrong but IMO this is not your regular target as found on TZ, I believe they are the "SEGA" kind of targets as found on Starship Troopers etc...
If by "at least one pinball supplier" you mean Happ, forget about it, they don't have any although they are listed on their site.
RatherPlayPinball

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of those green targets on the BBB at Expo was broken and replaced with a non matching target.

So they do break. At least it would appear so.

Jack
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: The machine at Expo Reply with quote

Rumor had it that the machine at Expo was owned by a "non-collector" who knows what the machine is worth. I may be wrong, but the importance of matching parts is not as big a deal. Maybe they will break, but my comparison to TZ was in that it will be stronger than what was stock on TZ. I think This Old Pinball #3 actually shows using a Capcom target in place because of the higher quality design.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
mushroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I've heard, the BBB at expo was in rather poor shape, if you've got about 170 brand new BBB's looking around the corner this "non-collector" might be in for a little surprise if he tries to sell his BBB.

CC the targets : these are not your regular L-shaped Capcom targets, the targets I'm talking about are these : http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/pinball/46fh10ck.htm, IMO they break, and as I've had to change some on various Sega games, they break rather quickly.

Last edited by mushroom on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ramp Targets Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
I would bet that IPB has lots of extras though.-Al-

I'm telling you they don't. Gene ordered the parts he needs and if I recall correctly, these new targets should be unbreakable.
mushroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word : Titanic ! Shocked
Hope you're right though !
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out A-18530-2R on: http://www.marcospecialties.com. This is not my supplier of choice mind you (I'm a big Bay Area / Pinball Resource supporter). Mark just has a nice description and picture of the item. Private message me if you want to know why I prefer the other two over Marco.

-Al-
mushroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euhm, when I check out that n° I see regular targets with a reinforced back, these are not used on the entry of the ramp on BBB. I don't see any of the switches I'm referring too.
And please mail me privately why you prefer the other two. Exclamation
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: I need to pay better attention... Reply with quote

Yes you are right, that was the wrong target. I need to look closer. With the black rubber behind it, I think it would prevent it from going too far. I guess we should be careful about how high we set those flippers!

-Al-
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the completely plastic, kind of transparent/floresent (sp) green colored one? The machine isn't here for me to look at.

kim
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: BBB Targets Reply with quote

These are the ones in question:

I would guess we would want to know about the one behind the right one as well.

-Al-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: