Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you planning any mods or changes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Are you planning any mods or changes? Reply with quote

Hello BBB Group...

I, probably like most of you, have a nice collection of late model pins. Thru-out the years, we (my son & I) enjoy adding lights to the playfield, colored bulbs & spot lights to enhance plastics, features & toys.

Many of my local pinheads change out most, if not all, their black rubbered ring pins to white rubbers (i.e. MB, CFTBL, WCS, BK2K, CV, Tommy, MM, STNG, I-500). I own these, except BK2K. I like the black rubber rings. They like the white because it's "Bounceyier" (sp?).

Questions;

Do you plan on switching black rubbers on BBB to white?

Do you plan on adding any extra lights, colored bulbs or spot lights?

Do you plan on adding the "space/glitter paper" inside the cab box above the playfiled

Any changes or mods you are planning on?

Let us know.

Thanks
Kerry Richard #111
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to mention, I plan on...

1) adding the "space/glitter paper" inside the cabinet, above the playfield.
2) changing out many white #555's and #47's to colored (blue, purple, green)
3) probably add a spot light on Tube Dancer.
4) I will leave the black rubber rings, I like the look of them.
5) I'm sure I'll add few new lights under plastics.
6) I will probably add a few 455's blinkers in the backbox
7) If the "rings" aren't included on the tube slots, I'll probably add those.
8 ) some sort of custom BBB score cards if available, laminated in plastic as always (keeps them clean & shiney).

Kerry Richard #111
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Richard wrote:
8 ) some sort of custom BBB score cards if available, laminated in plastic as always (keeps them clean & shiney).

In case you missed it in earlier threads, I made some custom cards that are available for download here - http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/card/
BBB #74
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert...I saw your custom cards from past posts. I think they are awesome and hard too choose from.

I wasn't sure if there would be any issues with Gene on these custom cards.

If not, count me in on them. I think you did an incredible job.

Thanks
Kerry Richard #111
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Are you planning any mods or changes? Reply with quote

Kerry Richard wrote:
Any changes or mods you are planning on?

I plan two changes:
- replace the subwoofer + add an amplifier: if one game needs deep bass, this is it!
- add a blacklight to the outside of the game, but it has to light in sync with the built-in blacklight.
Swann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.....
To answer your questions first, nope will not change rubber color on this one (even when I've done it on all my other games) and no, no glitter paper (don't think it looks good...). What will be done though is;

Lockdown Bar
One of those where you don't need to drill the cabinet

GPS/GSM Alarm
An alarmunit that send a SMS when the game gets moved and reports to where it gets moved.

The orange tuberamp rings
They are a must, the whole game looks sooooo much better with them..

Plastic protectors and spot mylar
Have to go through which parts/areas of the game that gets most wear and protect them.

Swedish coin unit
Hmm, maybe you can't count this as a true mod Wink ...but since all games are delivered without it guess this makes it a bit unusal

Extra lights
Well if some areas are dark, maybe add some extra illumination under plastics. Don't think though that the game is underlit (not like TAF for example).
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Just a note on the cards... Reply with quote

Gene said that the plaque with our numbers and sayings and such is designed to sit where the pricing card goes. So we won't need a pricing card if we are planning to use the plaque as intended.

-Al-

PS - Maybe I'll experiment with different bumper caps, TOTAN purple or WCS-95 aqua might look nice... I don't want to put any Mods that can't be 100% reversed without a trace on mine. I don't PLAN on selling it, but we never really know what cards life will deal us.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Richard wrote:
I would like to mention, I plan on...

3) probably add a spot light on Tube Dancer.

Kerry Richard #111

If you do this it will probably negate the black light effect on the TD - something to consider. The black flourescent light comes on for certain modes, as I understand it. Unless of course your spotlight is a black light, and you make her glow all the time...
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94; Good point re: spot light effecting black light effect.

Swann: I really like the idea of a GPS tracking system. I actually have 13 late model pins in my garage. BBB will be there too. Maybe a few of these in the more valuable pieces (MM, CV, BBB, MB) would be a great idea. Do you have any info on make, model, and price?

Robert Winter; He resent me the Custom Score Cards. Thank You. They look awesome. A definite MUST DO!

Getting more excited every month!

Thanks for your input.

Kerry Richard #111
Swann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to GPS/GSM tracker;
There's a lots of different models and brands, prices in range from $300 - $1000 (above that I think you get more then what's really needed).

The absolute cheepest system that I've seen is a software which you load into a Nokia Communicator phone (find a used one) and add a GPS tracker to it. Can't really remember where I saw the software though (have to google for that).

In Sweden we have PTT's that can provide you with tracking through GSM too with a pay per use service called "friend finder", so you know through the GSM-basestations where the GSM phone is, this makes it actually possible to build a really really cheep system without GPS. One good thing with the GSM-system is that it also works indoors.

I will select a GSM/GPS system that combines these both technologies for the best of both worlds, one that's available to the Swedish market to have good support. As I browsed around I did notice one company that offered an online service so you can browse to a webpage (with maps) to see where your unit is currently, and they charged $6/month for that.

For me it's enough with getting longitude and latitude via SMS, then I can use the car myself to locate it or just report them to the authorities. The system that I'm looking on for myself is called Invator (check out this page (in Swedish though); Invator and costs about $560 for a complete system (excluding battery charger and battery (which of cause is needed)).
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to shudder as I visualize pictures of pimped-out BBBs with neon tube lights under the cabinet, low-rise modifications to the legs, bouncer shocks, and all the other stuff that will probably show up on a Twilight Zone pin soon (if it hasn't already).

I'm guessing that the games being produced by PMI are probably quite close to what the original designers intended; I'd be surprised if Capcom had gone through any cost reduction phase before they abandonded the game. The orange rings on the tube are probably the only "feature" that may have been dropped, and that was due to concerns about ball hang-up issues. If those could be added back that seems like a reasonable addition.

Other than that, I will be quite happy to leave my game as it was built. Too much junk cheapens the appearance of the game.

Tony
BBB #39
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only changes I see making are custom score/instruction cards, White rubber and I would like to add some orange tube rings.

Has anybody given any thought to where to get the material for the orange rings and how to go about making and attaching them? Would it make any sense to get a small group together and make a bunch of these and make them available? I would be willing to help, but would like to know if anybody is already pursuing this?

Thanks,
Bob Stemmler #93
Swann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the orange tube rings, it would be really great if someone looked into that more. I do remember though that Gene or maybe it was the Bearcave-guy's that mentioned it, that they where thinking about offering it as an add-on kit afterwards.

For me that's fine, since they have (I assume) the blueprints for them it would be easiest way to go.
If they for any reason don't have any blueprints and don't have any plans of a add-on kit at all, well then I do think that get together to get them made would be the right way to go. Can someone that is more close in contact with Gene check out if there is any add-on plans or not?
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too agree the tube rings would be a great addition.

We have out here in California a company called Tap Plastics. They make custom plastic parts. If one ring was available or a template (I would prefer the actual ring for its color) I could get it to them for a quote on mass quantities. I counted 9 slots in each tube, Times (x) orders = probably 100's.

LMK if I can help.

Kerry Richard #111
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Richard wrote:
I counted 9 slots in each tube

Don't count the slots in the tube. Those run diagonally and weren't intended to be slots for the rings.

From what I see below, there are 15 rings. They look to be a standard edge glow fluorescent orange.

BBB #74
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: